At Elizabeth Christian Public Relations, our mission is to do great work for our clients, to treat our employees like the valuable assets they are and to represent clients who are ethical and fascinating and who have great stories to tell. We are can-do people.
ECPR is hiring a digital coordinator to grow and engage our clients’ and our own presence across digital platforms. This person will coordinate social messaging and engagement for clients and the agency as well as managing and troubleshooting CMS websites and email newsletters.
In collaboration with and at the direction of leadership, account and client teams, this person will lead the daily production, management and curation of branded social accounts; help craft content and campaigns to engage audiences, events and community engagement programs; manage multiple-account social media messaging and timing to present several, distinct coordinated voices to the respective audience of each; create original content for ECPR and client websites and emerging platforms; and moderate and lead conversations with various online groups with a credible and conversational voice.
You are a great fit for this position if you are passionate about businesses and organizations operating within/from Texas and fluent in the conversational currents target audiences across social. You’re comfortable with web metrics as well as social analytics and understand how to benchmark and test tactics on social channels. You know how to present metrics in a way that is compelling and enlightening for our clients. You’ve done digital audits. You’ve got the ability to assume different voices so that our social media postings sound fresh, genuine and differentiated. You’re also an avid follower of social publishing trends and able to assess, implement and articulate best practices to the rest of the organization.
Furthermore, you have a proven ability and aspiration to collaborate with teams specializing in media relations, crisis communication, brand analysis and development, video production and community engagement. You understand that successful digital strategy and implementation requires a familiarity with public relations, video and graphic design as well as client specialties and industries.
This job requires:
- Digital experience, including published social campaigns, website management and newsletter/list management
- Solid communication judgment and experience verifying online content, managing diverging and even dissenting opinions
- Consensus building and the ability to take direction on the go, presenting ideas on their merit
- Production design and/or basic visual/multimedia/video editing skills; ability to create digital content across platforms
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments, often on extremely tight deadlines and with no roadmap
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience
- A track record of building audience through social networks
- Demonstrated experience using social analytics to guide strategy
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Working knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to multitask and juggle deadlines, troubleshooting as needed
- Ability to handle a job with equanimity, cheerfulness and a can-do attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sterling references from previous employer(s), demonstrating expertise in not only the hard skills required for the position but also the ability to work well in a team environment
- The digital coordinator will work closely with every member of the ECPR team. He or she will report to a director-level executive.
Due to the nature of this job, the ideal candidate will fully understand that this is not always an 8:30-5:30 position; there are going to be times when the digital coordinator needs to work evenings and weekends to achieve our clients’ and our goals.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, and more. In addition, flextime, as well as one work-from-home day per week, are permitted after two years of employment with ECPR. Relocation assistance is not available.
To be considered, please email the following items to Kathleen Smith at email@example.com.
- A cover letter stating why you are the ideal candidate. Please address your skills as they relate to the requirements above.
- Salary history and salary requirements
- At least three business references including a current or former supervisor and a current or former client. Please provide an email address for each reference.
Applicants best fitting the position will be contacted for an interview. No follow-up phone calls or emails, please.